Houseplant Appreciation Day encourages you to grow and keep houseplants, especially in the winter months. It allows you to feel nature again as you get your hands soiled while caring for them; after all it’s a long way to spring, when you can finally get out into your gardens again. These 5 points are worth keeping in mind as you celebrate this day with your houseplants.
- After days if not weeks of taking them for granted, first on the checklist is to make sure they are well watered.
- How about giving your houseplants a little trim and a little doze of fertilizer.
- Dust off the leaves and spray them a little mist and if possible with fertilizer.
- Talk to your plants. Weird? Some people actually believe plants respond positively when you talk to them.
- Delight in the presence of your houseplants. They give off oxygen and some houseplants actually known to filter the air more than others.